These API flows IATA Accredited Travel Agents, new retailers, and Service Providers the ability to change their Involuntarily changed booking created via BA NDC channel.
Accept Involuntary Change
Reshop and Change Booking
Cancel and Refund/Voucher
Clients can call OrderReshop for an involuntary changed booking to do a free change of their flights. The service checks the eligibility of existing booking for change and then return the offers for the changed date.
This service can only be used on existing bookings made using the Shop and Order APIs and only be accessed by the agent who created the booking. If the agent went through a 3rd party provider to create the initial booking (GDS or service provider), it is also mandatory to go through this same provider in order to access the booking. If the above conditions are not met, the service will return an error and prevent access.
This is the first call to get offers in case the client wants to change the date/time of their Involuntarily changed booking. The client can then choose any, one offer and pass the details to OrderChange (Rebook – Involuntarily changed booking) API with the selected offer to confirm the change.
- Changing more than two Origin Destinations from list of Origin Destinations present in the booking. Clients need to contact helpdesk to change more than 2 Origin Destination.
- Change booking request for partial passenger
- Amadeus Subscriber Travel Agent and other GDS bookings
This web service is called with the following inputs:
- OrderID (Booking reference or PNR reference)
- Add – Origin and Destination which require change with the new date (in case of time change just pass the same date for which booking was made, service will return the offers for the same date). Clients can Reshop for any 2 Origin Destinations from the list of Origin Destinations present in the booking (OrderViewRS).
- Delete- Client should make OrderRetrieve call to get the OrderItemID of flight items. The client should pass the ServiceID under ServiceRetain for flights they are not changing. As BA-NDC does not allow partial change, the client should pass the OrderItemID of all the passenger present in the booking.
- Passenger Details- GivenName and Surname of all the passenger present in the booking
The output data this service returns include:
- Reshop return offers for the whole itinerary including the origin and destination that is not being changed or the flight segments that are flown
- For each of the Reshop offers
- Total additional collection price/ refund for all the passengers in the booking – it will be returned as zero to confirm it’s a free change.
- Total additional collection price/ refund for all the passengers of the same passenger type (PTC) – it will be returned as zero to confirm it’s a free change.
- Flight reference for each Origin Destination
- Total addition collection/refund price per passenger type (PTC) – it will be returned as zero to confirm it’s a free change.
- Additional base amount per passenger type (PTC) – it will be returned as zero to confirm it’s a free change.
- Price class reference and Flight Segment references for each Origin Destination
- Passenger details
- Flight segment details
- Flight list
- Origin and destination list
- Media list with link to Commercial guideline
- PriceClass List
Can be invoked for changing the involuntarily changed bookings where Reshop is returned as a seller follow up action in Order view response.
The service can be invoked for changing the involuntarily changed bookings where Reshop is returned as a seller follow up action in Order view response.
Returns all the price elements as zero
The service returns the price elements zero as there is no additional collection/fee applicable for changing the involuntarily changed bookings
Returns the offers for requested date or on the nearest available dates.
The service returns the offer for the requested date but if there is no flights on the requested date for any of the Origin Destination, the service will return the offers for the nearest available date within -3 to +3 days.
Returns each offer with Offer expiration time limit
The service returns each offer with an Offer expiration time limit - i.e. the time by which offer will remain in the system to be used by subsequent APIs to complete the change booking.
Returns offers for originally booked Origin destination
The service returns offer for the originally booked Origin destination. i.e. in case if LHR-EDI flight is disrupted and changed to LHR-GLA by airline and client request to Reshop LHR-GLA, service is going to return offers for LHR-EDI as the client originally booked for LHR-EDI.
The client should call the OrderRetrieve before calling OrderReshop to get the OrderItemID they wish to change.
The client should call the OrderRetrieve before calling OrderReshop to get the list of Origin Destination present in the booking, they can pick any 2 Origin Destinations and send Reshop request for it to get the offers.
- The service checks if the agent requesting OrderReshop is the one who has created the booking and is accessing the API via the same channel as booking creation. It returns an error if the agent details do not match.
- The service checks if the requesting corporate’s detail matches with the booking and returns an error if the corporate details do not match.
- The service checks if the requesting Travel Management Company (TMC) can service the corporate and returns error if it is not allowed.